FROM OUR CESHS CLIPBOARD -
VACCINE and HEALTH ALERT
Effective 4/25/17 All horses, more than 7 months of age, entering the grounds must be accompanied by documentation of Equine Influenza Virus and Equine Herpes Virus (Rhinopneumonitis) vaccinations within six months prior to entering the grounds. You will not be allowed to show without this documentation.
From the Jr. Board:
We are off and running and very excited about our fundraising ideas for this Show Season. Look for the following at the up-coming shows. If you have any questions for the Jr. Board or would like to make a donation to our efforts please contact Deborah Aalders at 443-614-9821.
1. We will be selling pages in a Memory Book that will be given to people purchasing pages as well as a number of additional ones that will be available at the Medal Ride Off and Derby Weekend in September.
2. We will be putting on a Horseless Timed Jump Class at the Saturday July Show at WEC located in the sand ring. Entree fee for this class is $5. It is open to Adults and Juniors. Please come out and support us!!!!
New for 2017 from your secretary ...
Please check out our schedule, you will find some new shows offered for 2017. Breezy Run Stables will be offering a show on July 29, 2017. The CESHS will now offer a weekend of showing. The Saturday show will premier the Medal Ride-Offs, the Sunday show will host the Horse and Pony Derbies. The date will be September 23 and 24, 2017.
Elrita Annett will again be offering specific CESHS classes at three of her shows. She will be offering Halter, Breed, Western, Open, 4-H, Limited Adult, Casual Hunter, and All Around Challenge. It's all posted on the schedule page. This is a great way for the CESHS to reach out to new exhibitors.
Some rule changes that you may want to consider:
1. Medal and Derby riders, will now be required to have shown, in the respective classes, in at least 3 separate shows.
2. Mini Stirrup will not have additional points awarded for Championship and Reserve Championship.
3. Our Delmarva division will now mirror the age specifications of MHSA and CESHS Junior Hunt Seat Equitation. The age group will now read as
follows: Junior - not to have reached their 18th birthday as of Dec. 1 of the current competition year, and Adults. The CESHS will still recognize
Under 14, 14-17, and Adult in their Year End Awards.
4. We are eligible to participate in the Colonial Classic with selected classes which will be posted later.
We hope that this has brought you up to date with most of the changes and additions that have occurred, in preparation for the 2017 show season. . We are trying to make your showing experience with the CESHS as enjoyable as possible. See you at the shows!